- This event has passed.
Fall Career Fair
October 13, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Whether you are in your first year and just want to explore and see how it all works, or you are about to graduate and need a full time position – this event is for you! Meet employers and network to learn about full-time, co-op, or internship opportunities, and come prepared for same-day or next day interviews. All students, from every major, are encouraged to attend!
Prepare for the career fair by visiting Career Services to take advantage of resources and workshops that cover important topics like how to make the most of the event, networking strategies, resume and cover letter guidelines, and mock interviews.
Attend the Career Fair to connect with 200+ companies and organizations from industries across the board.
- Representatives from each organization have their own booths set up to speak with you about opportunities
- Some employers will be scheduling interviews for the same afternoon at their career fair table or the next day at various locations on campus.
- Dress to impress in appropriate professional attire. Not sure what that looks like? Attend a Career Services workshop, visit the Career Services website, or make an appointment with your Caree Counselor for tips.
- Prepare, prepare, prepare. That is the key to success! Research the companies you are interested in, update your resume and bring multiple copies, and practice your elevator pitch and networking skills. Click here to review the Career Fair Preparation Guide.
Location: Rec Center Main Gym (Building 43, Main, South and North Gyms)
9:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. open forum to network with employers (additional networking and interview time with employers!)
2:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m. interviews-candidates selected by employers during open forum
The list of attending employers and the positions that they are recruiting for will be available on MustangJOBS starting on September 14, 2016. Please note that the list and position descriptions will be continually updated up until the days of the Career Fair.
How to do your Research
- Maximize your event attendance by researching participating employers in advance.
- Access online employer profiles through MustangJOBS to view available positions, majors recruited and more.
To view the employers who will be at an upcoming career fair:
- Click on Fair on the left navigation bar
- Click on View Employers
- Form the employer preview page select the fields you would like to filter the employers on
- Tip: Use the filters to search through the list of employers that are attending and which positions they are recruiting for at the fair.
Before you attend the Career Fair
- Log-in to and complete your profile within Handshake.
- Update your resume and make sure it’s uploaded into Handshake.
- Have your resume critiqued by a Career Counselor before the fair at a resume critique event.
- Attend a Making the Most of the Career Fair workshop or Resume Clinic event.
- Research the websites of employers who will be attending.
- Prepare and rehearse a one-minute introduction or “elevator speech.”
- Practice answering possible interview questions.
After you attend the Career Fair
- Write a thank you letter to each employer with whom you spoke. Be sure to confirm your interest and enthusiasm for the company or organization in your letter.
- Check MustangJOBS to see if the company or organization has scheduled an on-campus interview. If so, submit your resume for consideration!
Please contact us at
email@example.com or (805) 756-2501 ext. 1 if you have any questions.